They are in the process of building a road and bridge that bypasses the Hoover Dam, for those people who aren't going directly to the dam and just using the highway there. I guess they started building the road in 2001 and are nearly completed. Here's some pictures of the bridge that they are building over the river. It's an amazing feat.
This is the backside of the Dam.

We had a great little mini-vacation for Father's Day. On the way home we drove through Vegas and stopped by the Silverton Casino to eat at the buffet there. It was really good. They have a big fish tank when you walk in the entrance. It is full of huge stingrays and other fish and sharks. Then while we were there a mermaid dropped into the water. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera. She came up to Jacyn through the glass and touched hands with her and blew her kisses. The kids loved it. Jacyn loved it.








1 comment:
That sounds like a fun day! Adam and I went on the Hoover Dam Hard Hat tour while traveling back from out honeymoon in 2001. We haven't been back since, but it would be fun to see the new bridge and what has changed.
Mermaid!? I bet that was fun for the girls! Mine would be in heaven!!
Post a Comment