We went to this fun new place in town called Creative Minds. It’s a little mini children’s museum of sorts. I went with a group of moms for a playdate and the kids had a blast. It was just Jacyn and Ace, since Thomas and Letty were at school. They all these different areas where the kids could play, like a little kitchen.
And an area where the kids could pretend they were working on a car at an auto shop. I couldn’t resist putting Ace in the seat next to Jacyn.
After we got home I found Jacyn asleep in the chair.
That night my parents arrived for the weekend. Jacyn and Ace got to take a bath together and it was so funny because Ace wouldn’t let go of my mom’s arm.
Lately when my parents have been here Jacyn and my Mom sleep on the air mattress in Ace’s room and my Dad sleeps in Jacyn’s bed. After my Mom put Jacyn to bed one of the nights she went back in to check on her and this is what she had done.
She wrapped herself up like a mummy. It was so funny. She ended up doing this several times during their stay. She says she’s afraid of the dark, so she wants the light on, and then ends up wrapping herself up in the blankets or sheets.
My mom wanted to feed Ace so she asked if he could have some yogurt. He was excited to eat.
I had both Plain and Vanilla yogurt in the fridge and I just assumed that she grabbed the Vanilla, but she hadn’t, she grabbed the Plain. This is what Ace of thought of that Plain Yogurt.
Oh NO, not more?
Plegh, get that stuff out of my mouth!
Then we gave him the good stuff. Vanilla!
Much Better!
We went swimming at the lake and took Rocky for the first time. He immediately jumped in the water, but I think that was only because he wanted to be where ever I was.
I had bought the girls matching swimsuits at a yard sale and they posed for us.
Thomas found a crawdad that was on it’s last leg. It was still moving a little bit, but not like it normally would. Thomas was still a little squeemish about touching it though, so he put it on this rock.
The girls made little rock rooms and furniture. It was very creative of them and we were very impressed.
A bed….
A Piano….
A Living Room, complete with Couch and Television…
To end the month off I took the kids to the Dentist. This was our first time going to this particular dentist’s office and it was a great experience, at least in the beginning. Their waiting area was a lot of fun.
In the end Letty ended up with NO cavities. Yay! Thomas had 4 cavities. Bummer. :( And Jacyn had 5 cavities. Bigger Bummer!
So, there it is, the end of August. Hope you enjoyed your August, because sure did.


1 comment:
Welcome back to the blog world!
Post a Comment