I can't believe that we are actually homeowners again. FINALLY! It seems like it's been forever. It's so exciting and overwhelming at the same time. I have come to tears a few times in these first few days, just from the excitement. Here's a look at the last half (Days 17-Finished) of our new house being built.
The day that we closed on the house Dan called me and said "I've got the keys, wanna meet me over there?" He had gone from work that morning to sign the papers and had to go back to work too but we were both too excited to not see the house before he did that. I got a set of keys from him and planned on taking a few van loads of stuff over before he got off work for the night. I only ended up getting the van loaded up before I had to make dinner and Dan was home. We were so excited that we decided to move the beds over that night and sleep in our new home. After we got the beds all put down I came into our room to find this beautiful sight. So adorable. My worn out boys.
It is the big moving day and I have finally come to realize that I had been in denial about this whole new house thing actually happening. I didn't pack everything up like I should have, I completely dropped the ball on that one. It did take me until we were actually trying to move and pack at the same to realize that I was really actually in denial about it all. I believed that something was going to happen to screw it all up and it would fall through. I didn't want to get my hopes up just to be hurt again. But it did really happen and we are in our awesome new huge house and it's wonderful. The one big move day we stayed up so late that Thomas actually fell asleep on his old bedroom floor while trying to pack up his stuff.

Dan and I ended up staying up and packing and moving things until 4:00 a.m. Then Dan had to get up bright and early the next morning and go to work, just to come back to doing the same thing the next night. Well, we didn't actually stay up until 4:00 a.m. on the second night, but it was still past midnight when we were finally finished with just moving stuff. We then spent the entire next three days cleaning and doing little repairs to the old house we had been renting. What a pain that was, but it also made it that much sweeter to come home to our brand new house.






No comments:
Post a Comment