
After making the new covers I had enough fabric left over to make a cover for an old pillow I had lying around. I decided that this would be the perfect time to try and "teach" Thomas how to sew. I put teach in quotations because I am a horrible teacher. I have no patience and that's something that you need when teaching children how to do things. I ended up yelling at him and he got sad and said, "I did it wrong, you yelled at me." I told him I was sorry, that he didn't do it wrong. It wasn't his fault. He did a great job for the first time and I am a bad teacher. "I'm sorry I yelled at you." Anyway, Thomas sewed all the straight lines around the pillow cover. After we tried it on the pillow we realized that it needed a button to keep it together, so I showed Thomas how to sew a button on and let him push the pedal on the machine to attach it to the fabric. He was surprised at how easy it is to sew on a button and he was also so proud to know how to do that. I think the pillow looks pretty cool. Thomas picked out the button too. I think it's perfect. You did a great job buddy, sorry I yelled at you. :(




1 comment:
You did an awesome job! Everything looks great. Please tell Thomas that I love his pillow.
Post a Comment