Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fun House Progress

Before I get to the house stuff I thought I would share this funny picture of Thomas with some yucky teeth. I guess his friend got these out of a Pinata and let Thomas have them. He and the girls think they are loads of fun.

Ok, so now to the fun stuff. They've finished the stone facade on our house. It looks so awesome!
Dan picked this stuff out from an internet picture and he did such a great job. Of course he did, since he comes from a masonry background. I just love, love, love it. Before the stone was all put up, we drove through the neighborhood so Dan could show me what it would look like and there weren't any other houses with our stone. After going by the house today, we saw three other houses, at the same point in construction as our house, with the same stone. Hmmmm, interesting. Anyway, I love it and there's even the perfect little spot for us to put our house numbers on the front right pillar if we wanted.

Look at this view from Letty's room. It's the best view of the entire house. Lucky girl.

As you can see they textured the walls and ceilings. This is our living room. I took this picture yesterday and when we went by today they had put the door to our bedroom in, as well as the pantry and coat closet doors. It's moving along so quickly now, every day is more and more exciting.

Here's our massive Master Bedroom. I can't believe how big this room is. The ceiling is coved and we really want to do something to show it off, we just haven't figured out what just yet.

2 comments:

Tammy Anderson said...

The house is looking great! I am so happy for you guys!

Heidi said...

Wow! The house is looking great. I bet when they bought the stone for your house, they bought it in bulk so that it would be cheaper, and then encouraged others to use it for their homes. You're a trend setter!