Saturday, March 6, 2010

Happy 11th Anniversary to US!

I can't believe that it's actually been 11 years already. But at the same time it feels like Dan and I have been together our entire lives. I love that man so much!

We decided that today was going to be spent house hunting. When we got into the van to start our search I found a gift and a card from Dan on the front seat. He bought me this cute plaque that says "Bless This Home." It was a perfect beginning to our day. We had 11 houses scheduled to look at with our realtor. By house #4 we stopped the search. #4 was a new construction development that couldn't be beat by anything that is already out there. We were told by the sales agent that he had one lot left for the floor plan that we wanted, but that it had previously been reserved but that deal had fallen through and now he was waiting to hear from a guy that day that wanted to reserve it. We were crossing our fingers that he didn't hear from that guy. About 3 hours later our realtor called the sales agent and he said that he had been so busy all day long that he hadn't had time to talk to the guy, but that he was in the house (the model) right then. Dan and I got anxious and decided to head over to the model house right then and do whatever we had to get that house. The sales agent said he was busy and boy was he right. When we got to the house there were at least three families there and more just kept coming through. It was crazy, but we waited about an hour and a half and finally got to talk to the sales agent. The lot was ours! Yay, we are so excited. We found out in the process of talking to the sales agent that the house elevation that is to be for that lot is the exact one that we wanted. Then we found out that the subdivision is in the same school boundaries that they go to now. It was meant to be. Now we have to go through the pre-qualification process and then get to choose our colors and fun stuff like that. I can't wait until we know that the house has started to be built.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys, and congrats on finding the perfect house. That's neat!

Tammy Anderson said...

Happy Anniversary! I think you two are great together!

Love the house picture you sent! I'm so excited for you!