Monday, February 1, 2010

Ace - January 30 through February 1

After I had Ace we all realized that the kids had enough time still to get ready and make it to school. Thomas didn't want to go, he said he wanted to stay home and spend all day with his new little brother. But we convinced him to go, especially since he had a class party that day and it was a short day. When he got home from school he paraded his friends up to see the baby. Everyone was so excited to see a brand new baby. They stayed by the door of the bedroom and just peeked in, but it was so cute.

The next day, Saturday my midwife, Cyndi came back to check on me and the baby and to weigh him again. He now weighs 6 lbs.
That afternoon my sister and dad got here with our new dog, Bella. Here are a couple pictures of her. She's so cute and well behaved. She's still having a couple problems with going potty in the house, but it's not too bad.
The outfit that Ace is wearing in these pictures is my favorite. I think mostly because of the colors. He looks so great in brown and green.

I made some shirts for the kids to wear to school.
Do these siblings not look so infatuated with each other, already?
My sister-in-law, Tammy, and her family came down to visit over the weekend as well. Tammy was just too excited to meet little Ace, so she had to come down right away. I didn't mind having such a full house, it's nice to have people here. On Sunday Dan went with Tammy, her husband Adam and all the kids and went to Pioneer Park and went hiking. I was so happy that Adam took their camera and got a few great pictures. I swiped these from their blog.
I just love this picture of Thomas mid-jump.
February 1st was my mom's birthday. My sister and I made her a cake and then my sister insisted on putting 57 candles on the cake, basically turning it into a torch. It was funny. It took her three tries to blow out the candles.
But she was happy.
Happy Birthday Mom!
Then, that night Dan fell asleep with Ace in his arms and we realized how much they looked alike. Such a cute picture.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Chantel, you look great! Dan and Ace do look a lot alike!

Steph said...

Oh very cute!! Finally one that came out looking like daddy!! Well more so than the other three anyways... :)

Tammy Anderson said...

He is like a mini Dan. How cute!