This morning I had to take Dan to a shuttle to the Las Vegas airport at 5:00 a.m. for him to fly to Orlando, Florida for a Leadership Conference for Red Robin for four days. It was hard to see him go, knowing that I'm so close to having this baby. When I got home and went to the bathroom after sending the kids to school I had "bloody show," a classic sign of impending labor. Then I started to have a few small real contractions. I started to panic a little bit. I called my friend Stephanie and had a small contration while I was on the phone with her, which made her panic a little too. I called my midwife and told her what was going on and she suggested that I call my mom and see if she could come down, just in case. She thought that I still have a couple days to go, so that was good news. As soon as I hung up the phone with her, my phone rang and it was my mom. Apparently Stephanie had stopped by my mom's house on her way to work to tell her what was going on with me (which of course started her to panic). I really didn't have to say much to my mom, she was basically already packing the car up and getting ready to come down to help me. It took her about 3 1/2 hours to get here, pretty quick if you ask me. I called Dan as soon as I got off the phone with my mom, hoping that he was at least at his layover in Phoenix, and he was there, he actually had just landed about 5-10 minutes before I called. I started crying pretty much as soon as I heard his voice. He was able to calm me down pretty quickly. Made sure that I called my mom and made sure that she brought the video camera with her, just in case and he really made me feel better. When I got Letty from the bus stop and told her what was going on she really stepped up and helped out at least until Grandma got here. I was able to stay on the couch and not move, then when my mom got here, she refused to let me get up from the couch. (I had to sneek downstairs to the computer to post this, SHHH!) My contractions lessened during the day, so that's been a good sign. I just get to stay confined to the couch for the next few days until Dan gets home, at least that's the plan. We're trying everything we can to keep this baby inside me until he gets here. Keep your fingers crossed for me that things go the way we want!
3 comments:
Good luck! We'll keep you in our prayers! Hope he stays in for a little while longer!!!
Keep those legs crossed! Love you and call me when it is time!
Guess the staying on the couch didn't work very well! Congratulations!
Post a Comment