Saturday, December 26, 2009

Celebrating Christmas!

Christmas Eve started off as every other Christmas Eve does for us, the kids got to open a gift from Mom and Dad and it was pajamas. I've been making them for the kids for the last couple of years and this year was no exception. It was fun to have them all in matching pajamas and they loved them. We also decided to let them open another gift from us, a new Wii game, Toy Story Mania. It was a lot of fun to play with Grandma and Grandpa.

Christmas morning the kids were so excited to see what Santa had brought them. They woke up at 7:00 a.m. and ran downstairs, then came back upstairs to our room so excited to get us down there with them to see what Santa had brought. When my parents got up my dad went outside and he said he could hear the neighbors little kids screaming inside their house. I guess all the kids in the circle woke up at the same time.

Jacyn got a little interactive dog named Violet that she just loved. It says her name and sings songs and plays games with her name in them too. She also got a new baby doll.

Thomas got a HUGE lego set and Super Mario Bros. for the Wii. As you can see from that gigantic smile on his face, he was ecstatic.

Letty got a doll house, a My Scene "barbie", and a matching baby doll to Jacyn's.

Santa brought our family a gift this year, Guitar Hero World Tour for the Wii.

Jacyn got this guitar from Thomas and she's in love with it. She loves to pretend to play the guitar.

Letty got something that she's been wanting for months and months, a Thumbelina doll, from Jacyn.

I made Dan this shirt. He put it on right away to try it out. I think it looks pretty good on him. I've had that material and the pattern sitting with my sewing stuff for the last 10 years and finally got around to putting it together for him. Talk about procrastination. Hee, hee.

Jacyn got this scooter from my parents. It's another one of her favorite presents. She's also wearing an outfit that I made for her and a matching outfit for Letty.

My mom made these cute hats for the kids. I only got this one picture of Jacyn wearing hers.

Jacyn loved her presents from my parents so much, she ran over and gave Grandma a hug.

My mom made Jacyn and Letty matching little dresses. Here's Jacyn in hers. Letty's has purple piping and a purple tie.

My sister, Aunt Marin, gave the kids shoes and jewelry for Christmas. Jacyn had to put her shoes on right away. She loves them.

Thomas wearing his necklace from Aunt Marin.

A couple cute pictures of Jacyn in some more pj's that I made for her and a Santa hat. She thinks that the stockings go on her feet, so she had to put this red and white stocking on her foot and run around in it.

The day after Christmas Grandma made gingerbread with the kids. They had a blast kneading it and rolling it out, cutting out shapes and finally making a giant Gingerbread Girl. The pan for this Gingerbread Girl was a present that Letty gave to me for Christmas.

We had a great Christmas and the kids got spoiled, as usual. Even though we all ended up sick either right before or right after Christmas Day, we had a great holiday spending time with my parents.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I want the Mario game for the Wii! That's on my wishlist. It looks like you had a great Christmas!

Tammy Anderson said...

I'm glad you guys had a Merry Christmas! We ended up sick too, some before and during then some after. I think that goes with the season. At least no school was missed. I hope you got the present I sent.

Heidi said...

How in the world do you find time to do all that sewing?! Everything looks great.