So, I’ve been working some things around the house lately and I’m finally getting around to sharing them on my blog. First, we painted two walls in our entryway. I really like the way they turned out. Now I just need to get around to painting that cabinet black and that space will be finished.
See that big family picture on the wall there in the first picture? I found that frame at a yard sale for $3.00. It was ugly and gold with an ugly picture inside it, but I saw it’s potential. I originally had just painted it an Heirloom White color:
But after looking at it hanging on the wall like that, I decided it needed something MORE. So, I did a little glazing and then sprayed the whole thing with a pearl paint. I like it a lot better like this.
I have also painted my china cabinet, but that post will have to wait for another day.
I found this great idea here and knew that I had to make some hand trees with my kids. I actually traced their hands and had them ready to go before we ever moved to our new house, but things got too busy to ever get around to finishing them. When I did have the kids make them they sat around the house for another few months waiting for me to hang them. I finally did it and they look awesome.
I decided to put Ace’s hand on a little hill, since it was so little. I used cork flooring samples as the bases. I got them at a kitchen and bath store that was going out of business.


2 comments:
The two tone walls in the entry look great! I also like the effect the glaze made on the picture frame. The hand trees are cute too! What fun projects. Can't wait to see the china cabinet.
I love the hand trees. We've made them for Thanksgiving before (forgot this year), but I never thought of making them nice and using them for permanent artwork. What a great idea!
Post a Comment