
Saturday morning, after baseball practice, we decided to do some yard saling on the way to the Kite Festival and it just happened to take us past our soon to be new neighborhood (wink, wink). We had to drive by our lot and low and behold what did we see? They were digging the trenches for the footings. It was soooooo exciting. Here's a picture of the kids standing in front of the lot. I think this will be the beginning of many pictures to come of the building of our new home. I hadn't posted anything on here about the house yet because I was a little nervous about it all, it just seems so wonderful to be happening and it still sometimes feels unreal. But it is happening and it's so exciting. I'm dreaming of decorating ideas and I'm currently obsessed with craft and thrifty decorating blogs. Anyway, here's the first of many pictures to come of our new house to be.

When we arrived at the Kite Festival we saw these guys hanging out so Dan had the kids stand there while he took their picture. This was the first year since we've lived in this area that Dan has been able to go to the Kite Festival with us. It was fun to have him there with us.

Last year was the first year that they gave the kids a choice of a Kite or a Book. Last year Thomas picked a book, "Don't Bump the Glump" by Shel Silverstein. This year was Letty's first time and both her and Thomas had said that they wanted kites. I told them both to just walk through the books and check them out and if they still wanted a kite afterward then they could get one. It didn't take them long to both decide that they wanted a book instead. Letty picked Pinkalicous and Thomas picked Diary of a Wimpy Kid. They both read their books before we even got home that afternoon.
They also had a booth of books that they were selling for $1.00 each. We couldn't pass that up, so we let the kids each pick out another book. Here's what they chose. Letty picked the coin counting book and I found the Hardy Boys baseball book for Thomas and he liked it.





2 comments:
How nice to spend a fun day with Dan and the kids! I love the baseball pictures! How long is his season? Love the soon to be house!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!
I can't wait for you to be living close by!
Post a Comment