We've been in Boise for a week now. We actually pulled into town around 11:00 p.m. July 3rd. The next day we drove around town and checked out the elementary school that I went to when I was in 5th grade, saw the house I lived in and the park that my sister and I used to play at. While we were there a squirrel came within 6 feet of me and the kids. It was awesome. That night we went to Ann Morrison Park and watched some awesome fireworks. Jacyn loved them, she was reaching for them. Thomas loved the finale. Tuesday we went and had dinner at Red Robin. Red was there (he's the bird mascot) and Letty just couldn't give him enough hugs. I got a picture of it, but it will have to be uploaded at a later date. The rest of the time we have just been swimming in the pool here at the apartment complex and meeting new friends. Today was Dan's first day off since being back and we went floating down the Boise River. Letty, Jacyn and I were in a little raft and Thomas and Dan were on an innertube. It was a lot of fun. Jacyn slept pretty much the entire time. Then we went and ate at Red Robin. It's been so nice being here with Dan, even with him working a lot, it's nice to see him every day. The weather is awesome. Mid 90's beats mid 100's any day. There really isn't too much more to say, it's actually been a little boring, but it's been fun to swim in the pool. Jacyn loves the water and Thomas started swimming around without his floaties last night. He swims like a little frog in the water, but he gets around and stays above water. Letty is having a blast swimming around with her arm floaties on and playing with her swimming Ariel doll. I'll update the blog when or if something exciting happens. Probably not until next week sometime.
2 comments:
It all sounds so relaxing! Hanging out by the pool, 90 degree weather and best of all seeing your husband everyday.
I'm glad you guys are relaxing a little. What a good way to spend some family time! Have a good few weeks and take advantage of seeing Dan every day!
Post a Comment